The Move is a subcompact car manufactured by Daihatsu Motor Co. of Japan, a subsidiary of Toyota. It belongs to the Keijindosha category of cars, designed and manufactured specifically to meet the environmental and carbon emission standards defined by the Japanese government. Daihatsu started manufacturing Move in 1995 and it became an instant success in Japan. You can find a very impressive collection of Daihatsu Move for sale in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, and other cities.
Why You Should Buy Daihatsu Move?
Daihatsu Move Specifications
The Move comes equipped with central locking, power steering, and hydraulic windows. These features were included to convey the Move status as a mid-range car. The Daihatsu Move has seen many technological improvements over the length of its 24-year production life. The salient features of the Daihatsu Move are:
- The Japanese versions of Move have a 658 cc engine. The export markets, however, get an 847 cc or a 996 cc engine. This is consistent with Daihatsu’s strategy of manufacturing smaller engine vehicles that conform to the environmental standards in for the local market and developing more powerful engines for export markets, where emission standards are not as stringent.
- The Daihatsu Move Custom is available as a five-door hatchback.
- It is available in 4+1 manual speeds as well as in automatic version.
- Both front wheel and all-wheel-drive models are available.
- It has a top speed of 140 km/h.
- The European and other export models come equipped with a 12-valve, three-cylinder engine with electronic fuel ignition maximizing Daihatsu Move fuel consumption, which is around 31.0 KM/L for the regular model (wiki).
- If you want more space inside, you can opt for the Move Canbus model.
Design of Move
The Move is one of the rare Daihatsu vehicles designed by an Italian designer. Indeed, Daihatsu invited the famous Italian designer, Giorgetto Giugiaro to design this vehicle. Giugiario was named the “Car Designer of the Century” and was inducted in the “Automobile Hall of Fame” in 2002. His design improved upon that of the Daihatsu Cuore by elevating the roof. It resembles a little with the design developed by Suzuki for their Wagon series of vehicles. Another important design feature is the access to the storage in the back. Unlike other Daihatsu models that have a vertical hatch at the rear, the Move has a door with hinges to the right edge which gives access to the storage space.
Best Features of Move
The Move is well known for its height, which is definitely its most appealing feature. It is the tallest compact car ever produced by the Daihatsu Motors Ltd. This means that Move owners may get more storage space and more legroom than other subcompact owners. As of 2014, a hybrid version of Move is also out in the Japanese market. Most people in Pakistan opt for Move Custom for its advanced features.
Daihatsu Move Price in Pakistan
One of the most outstanding features of Daihatsu subcompacts is their fuel efficiency. Combine this with enhanced storage space and legroom and you’ll know why the move commands an excellent resale price on the Pakistani market. It is available as both brand new and pre-owned with the prices varying from PKR 750,000 to PKR 1,500,000.
The Move is built on the same chassis as that of Daihatsu Cuore. Therefore, it provides the same footprint as that of Cuore but with more space. Our Daihatsu Move review says this car is suitable for both the urban and country dwellers. Daihatsu has a made a name for itself by producing cars with excellent fuel efficiencies and Move is no exception. We highly recommend buying used or new Daihatsu Move.
Daihatsu Move Pictures